Monday, March 15, 2010

Winning a Bible Quiz Prize

I was about nine years old (grade 3) when I joined a Bible Quiz during our barangay Fiesta. I forgot how many contestants were there (that was 32 years ago) but what I vividly remember is my winning answer to the question: Where is Jesus Christ? All of my opponents answered "in heaven" but my answer was "in my heart". An answer which was a direct revelation from God. Nobody taught me about this.

The prize was only P20, enough to buy me some toys and food to enjoy. It was heart-warming though when people I met after the fiesta greet me with adoring words like "Ang galing mo naman!" (You're excellent!)" or "Ikaw ba yong nanalo nong fiesta?" (We're you the winner during our barangay fiesta?)".

As I look back, the prize and people adoration are nothing compared to the enriching experience I had to show God's spiritual blessings in Christ as what was spoken of in Ephesians 1:4- 10 "For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight. In love, He predestined us to be adopted as His sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with His pleasure and will - to the praise of His glorious grace, which He has freely given us in the One He loves. In Him, we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that He lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. And He, made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ, to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment - to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment